The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I configure MailScanner?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by zackw, May 31, 2013.

1. zackw

zackw Active Member

I have a dedicated server and I had them install MailScanner on it as part of a service they do. I know it's installed and "doing something" because suddenly my Emails have "{Disarmed}" or "{Spam?}" in the subject lines.

In any case, I've looked all over WHM and cPanel and even searched the normal directories for any kind of configuration file and I can't find anything.

Obviously cPanel is neither the provider of my server, nor creator of MailScanner, but I thought you guys could let me know how to get a "front end" into WHM/cPanel for configuring MailScanner.

Consider the fact that all of this is already installed, I just want a front end. If not that, then where are the config files?

Anyway, maybe somebody here can help!

thanks

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. zackw

zackw Active Member

I see. Since I already have Mailscanner installed, I'll find out if my host can install it, otherwise I guess I'll have to buy the do-it-yourself version and hope for the best!

For future reference, Mailscanner docs do NOT name the location of config files where mine were located. For anybody with CentOS who happens to use InMotionhosting, well in any case, the config was located in /usr/mailscanner/etc/MailScanner.conf.