The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I determine my current apache configuration?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by danimal, Mar 12, 2004.

1. danimal

danimal Well-Known Member

Hello!

I need to upgrade and recompile my apache configuration, but I can't remember what all I set before. I think that the WHM apache build script has defaults for each value but doesn't read in what you set before (this is a feature request I've noticed).

Is there some other way, perhaps some config file, to determine what the current running apache has as its config options?

It's working exactly as I'd like it to (other than it being an older version), so I'd like to try the recompile with the exact same options, if I can figure out what they are.

Thanks!

-Danimal :cool:

2. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

You could use php info to determine many of the apache options as well...However, if you don't know of any you speciifically need..defaults could be assumed to be fine :)

3. BrightAdmin

BrightAdmin Well-Known Member

Hi,

You can view the list of modules and compile settings with apache using the following command :

Command
    ===================
    cd /usr/local/apache/bin
    ./httpd -l --> List compiled in modules
    ./httpd -V --> Shows the compile settings

You can view all the options that were used to compile apache along with php using phpinfo.php file.
    You can just add the extra options to the options given in phpinfo and recompile apache.

Regards,

Bright:)