How do I enable server.com/~user URL's?

schwim

Aug 2, 2006
Hi there everyone,

A while ago, I disabled this due to the known risks of allowing it, but I now need to test an account that doesn't have a domain yet. Unfortunately, I can no longer remember how I disabled it :)

Could someone tell me how to re-enable the username subdomains?

thanks,
json

schwim

Aug 2, 2006
Thank you very much for that. I tried selecting the only domain that I wanted to exclude and saved, but it was still disallowed for that domain, so I ended up turning it off completely.

What might I have to do to make it available for only one domain, if selecting it doesn't work?

cPanelDon

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Thank you very much for that. I tried selecting the only domain that I wanted to exclude and saved, but it was still disallowed for that domain, so I ended up turning it off completely.

What might I have to do to make it available for only one domain, if selecting it doesn't work?
Would you be able to submit a ticket (via the link in my forums signature) and then PM me the ticket number? I would like to check the unique situation involved and determine why the mod_userdir access may not be working as expected.

cPanelDon

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
It's OK to use WHM to initiate a ticket submission. The link in my forums signature may be used as a backup or as an alternative if WHM is not immediately available.

schwim

Aug 2, 2006
Hi there Don,

Before submitting it, I can't login via your link due to being registered through a third party, but I can if I submit via my WHM backend. Should I do it that way instead, or is submitting without logging in ok?

thanks,
json