Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How do I get an email notification every time someone logs in my cPanel?

Discussion in 'Security' started by samcorbing, Apr 14, 2015.

1. samcorbing

samcorbing Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    It was the first time that I was not able to log-in my cPanel even though I am sure of my password...This happened after I vent out my feelings to the chat help desk support in - Removed - saying that they have a lot of alibis if they don't know the answer, like purposely disconnecting the chat session, their shift is over, and so on...

I just went out to have dinner and then after 2 hours, I wasn't able to login my cPanel! Even if I changed my password. I then contacted - Removed - and then instantly I was able to log-in.. I asked them why, they said my IP was blocked because of failed log-ins..

I told them I was so sure of my password, and there goes their common response - silence/no reply for more than 20 minutes until you just give up and close the chat session...

So after I was able to log-in, there was no email notification that I have accessed my cPanel...there is something really fishy in here...

Please help me how can I enable email notification again to my cPanel... I won't bother asking - Removed - again...they are so good in playing dirty tricks...no wonder I get "DDOS attacks" every month..

My last email notification was also 2 hours ago before I got problems logging in my cPanel...

#1 samcorbing, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    First, in your cPanel, assuming you're using Paper Lantern, top of page where you see your cPanel username, click that to open a menu. On it, click Contact Information. Tick all the boxes here that you want to be alerted to.

Second, find a new Hosting Provider.

GL!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. samcorbing

samcorbing Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    - Removed -

I already did that... Ever since I was able to log-in back yesterday, no email notifications were received to the 2 emails that I have enlisted...I even logged in and logged out many times.. But today, I got back the email notification.... hmmmm

#3 samcorbing, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2015
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

It's likely your account was locked out by cPhulk brute force protection. I suggest providing your IP address to your hosting provider so they can add it to the cPhulk white list.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...