The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get an email notification every time someone logs in my cPanel?

Discussion in 'Security' started by samcorbing, Apr 14, 2015.

1. samcorbing

samcorbing Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    It was the first time that I was not able to log-in my cPanel even though I am sure of my password...This happened after I vent out my feelings to the chat help desk support in - Removed - saying that they have a lot of alibis if they don't know the answer, like purposely disconnecting the chat session, their shift is over, and so on...

I just went out to have dinner and then after 2 hours, I wasn't able to login my cPanel! Even if I changed my password. I then contacted - Removed - and then instantly I was able to log-in.. I asked them why, they said my IP was blocked because of failed log-ins..

I told them I was so sure of my password, and there goes their common response - silence/no reply for more than 20 minutes until you just give up and close the chat session...

So after I was able to log-in, there was no email notification that I have accessed my cPanel...there is something really fishy in here...

Please help me how can I enable email notification again to my cPanel... I won't bother asking - Removed - again...they are so good in playing dirty tricks...no wonder I get "DDOS attacks" every month..

My last email notification was also 2 hours ago before I got problems logging in my cPanel...

#1 samcorbing, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    First, in your cPanel, assuming you're using Paper Lantern, top of page where you see your cPanel username, click that to open a menu. On it, click Contact Information. Tick all the boxes here that you want to be alerted to.

Second, find a new Hosting Provider.

GL!

3. samcorbing

samcorbing Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    - Removed -

I already did that... Ever since I was able to log-in back yesterday, no email notifications were received to the 2 emails that I have enlisted...I even logged in and logged out many times.. But today, I got back the email notification.... hmmmm

#3 samcorbing, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2015
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

It's likely your account was locked out by cPhulk brute force protection. I suggest providing your IP address to your hosting provider so they can add it to the cPhulk white list.

Thank you.