The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get to the cPanel scripts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Conkers, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Conkers

Conkers Registered

I have a web site which runs on PHP-Nuke 6.9, and is hosted by a web server who uses cPanel.
    This is accross the opening page of the cPanel:

Please Note: Pre-installed scripts or programs come with Cpanel and NOT added by Webway Studio, therefore we cannot guarantee accuracy and definitely we don't offer support. Please do not contact us in relation of pre-installed scripts.

I need to get into the php.ini file to turn the "magic quotes" ON so I can correct a problem in my site.

I have searched on this forum with several combinations of question but can't find what I want.
    How do I access .:/usr/local/lib/php.ini?
    I have tried to add it to the end of my sitename but just get a download file which is 0 bytes.
    Could someone please explain how I get into the scripts of cPanel and sort out my problem with the magic quotes?
    All help gratefully received!
    BTW I am a complete novice at script language but I can grasp what is being said, so please be gentle with my reply

Thanks

Ian

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

End users don't have access to that file. You will need to let your hosting provider know what you want to do and see if they will do it for you.

3. Conkers

Conkers Registered

Thank you for your prompt reply.
    I have contacted my host regarding the reply given.
    I take it that the php.ini file isn't part of cPanel and the host should be able to modify it?