Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How do I install an SSL Certificate on cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GAZ, Sep 13, 2004.

1. GAZ

GAZ Member

Hi everyone,

I just purchased an SSL certificate through GeoTrust. Now I need to install it.

If, in cPanel, I go to SSL Manager, then into certificates it gives me a place to paste a new certificate but I can't figure out how to actually save it there. It seems to disappear when I leave the SSL Manager. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? Am I even in the right place to install it?

Also, I have absolutely no experience using an SSL on my site. Can anyone tell me where I can find some basic information about how to use it? Right now I don't even know how to make, for example, a specific order page secure. I know that somehow if you go to that page it will change to the secure connection. But how?

Sorry, once again, if I sound like an idiot. Hey, if it walks like a duck....

Thanks, in advance, for everyone's help.

Gaz.

2. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

Paste in the cert and the key and then click the Do It button at the top right of the form.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GAZ

GAZ Member

Thanks Marty

Thanks for your help. I'll give it a try.

4. ramprage

ramprage Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...