The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I make Exim send emails using mailgun or amazon ses

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by albatroz, May 30, 2014.

1. albatroz

albatroz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am currently having problems sending emails to Hotmail/Outlook because the VPS my provider
    assigned me an IP that is currently blocked by Hotmail (it not in a RBLs but there seems to be
    a problem with the fact that it is a new used IP without reputation) and while i have already
    contacted Hotmail/Outlook guys I need a temporal solution, so I was thinking in setting up
    a smarthost.

I found this older thread but I don´t mention too much details about how to setup smtp authentication
    http://forums.cpanel.net/f43/exim-configuration-use-smtp-mandrillapp-372492.html

Do you think I could usemailgun or amazon ses or even another CPanel server to send my emails?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've had success in getting emails accepted by hotmail by registering for both their postmaster SNDS tools and their JMR program, after these are configured they're normally happy to let mail flow at request (if setting those up hasn't already un-gummed things)