The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do I manage my own account as normal user not system admin.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HostFoz, Jul 2, 2005.

1. HostFoz

HostFoz Member

I would like to have a panel that give me the same interface as of my clients have. Actually I cant log as normal user to manage the site wich one is same as host. So, how can I have a user wich makes the service into server not admin service but webmaster server, such as manage the home page subdomains etc, all that into the server wich host is the same as of cpanel´s host master domain?? Thanx in advance....

2. lankyb

lankyb Well-Known Member

You can always create a new account for the domain, just add the domain the same way as a normal account within WHM. You will though have to removely store the DNS records (or at least the information to obtain the Sites DNS records, as well as the servers records on that domain).

Eg.
    Main Site: testdomain.com
    Server: serverone.testdomain.com << you will have to add this, and any other servers on that domain to the dns records.

I do not know how to make it so you can use your root account information, and i do not suggest you do that neither. I just see it as a new security risk you will have to deal with. A new account user just means that you just have to remember a new username and password, it will also allow you more control over seperating server administration and website administration.

I also suggest also having your main website away from the customer hosting servers, this way if they go down they can find all the support information needed and not be left in the dark.