The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I merge DNS zones and a few other DNS issues?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Mac Write, May 7, 2006.

1. Mac Write

Mac Write Member

May 7, 2006
    I want to clean up my DNS zones and make things easier to manage. I want just to appear instead of for sites that are sub domains. Instead I want to put the A record in for sub domain so it's easier to find the zone file for that site and looks cleaner. Is this possible without breaking cPanel? I am running on Stable branch. If I add the zone file for a new domain first before creating the account would that work (or would it make things really bad)?

One more thing, I use ZoneEdit for a domain I point to my home network on a Dynamic IP (double the price for my connection to get a Static IP) and want to point MX to my VPS for mail. I tried adding A record and MX is mail for domain and it didn't work.

Another thing, how do I stop cpanel from creating mail accounts (catch all) for the sub domain when the master domain has e-mail setup?