The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i move from cPanel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by supersonic, May 2, 2004.

1. supersonic

supersonic Registered

I have a new server with Ensim and i need to move some customers over there.. How to do?

2. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    You'd be best to ask them. I doubt very much cPanel will have a "How to" on not using their software. ;)

3. supersonic

supersonic Registered

Yeah, but when i ask my provider he says "ask the other company", and when i ask the other company they says "ask the other company". :confused: :D

Thanks anyway..

4. supersonic

supersonic Registered

Ok, now look. I have servers with cPanel, only. But i got this new server from a friend without any costs and it got Ensim installed and i don't have the money to install cPanel. Trust me, i want cPanel.

Well well, if you don't whant to help then. :(

5. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

I would suggest that you ....

1. Contact Ensim support directly (either via forum, email or by phone). If they are trying to capture the cPanel market, they would be the ones that would have the tools to do such.

2. Your other alternative is to prepare for a manual migration. Create your accounts and users on your ensim box and move the data over.

In an ideal world, this could be done by pressing a few buttons. Unfortunately, I have yet to encounter such idealism.

Hey, I recently migrated hundreds of customers from some old RAQ boxes to some pretty slick linux boxes running whm/cpanel. It took time, labor and cooperation of my users.

The end result .... it was well worth my efforts to never have to deal with RAQs again!!!!

Just like changing a motor in your car on your own... sometimes you've got to "rollup your sleeves" and get dirty. If ya wind up with a motor that hummmmmms, great! If not, you maybe should have paid a professional mechanic and hoped that he/she knew what they were doing!