Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How Do I Prevent Accounts From Emailing

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by jondolar, Jun 15, 2007.

1. jondolar

jondolar Well-Known Member

This is a tough one. I'd appreciate any ideas/help I can get.

I want to be able to create accounts that allow clients to upload files and run php/mysql scripts but I don't want them to be able to send out emails since I will allow customers to sign up for free and I don't want spammers signing up.

Here is the catch.
    The script that comes with the accounts (my own script) does need to send out emails.

Here is how it works:
    1. New user signs up
    2. New account is auto-created and installs my script
    3. User can ftp to upload templates/images
    4. User runs my program which can send out emails

I don't want clients to be able to upload PHP files that can send out emails.
    I don't want clients to be able to create an account in cpanel to send/receive email.

What would be the best way to do this?
    I don't want to force clients to use a file-upload system that restricts file types. I want them to be able to use FTP.
    I don't need them to log into cpanel but some may figure out the accounts are cpanel and try to log in (can I just set up a dummy cpanel template with no features?).

Thanks for any and all ideas. I really need a brainstorm session around this so I can decide if I need to change code, write an uploader, configure exim/php/apache/everything.

BTW, it is my server so I can make whatever changes I need.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ramprage

ramprage Well-Known Member

Disable the exim mail service entirely.. No email server wide, done.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jondolar

jondolar Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip.

However, my script still needs to send out emails. What would be the best way to accomplish that?