Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How do I read my Log file?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cactus, Mar 25, 2002.

1. cactus

cactus Registered

When I download the log file from CPANEL4 which is in TAR format, (xxxxx.com-3-25-2002.gz from www.xxxxx.com) it gets converted to winziip format and after extracting the file, it becomes an MS-Dos application. I double click to open the file but could not read it as a window pops up saying there's not enough conventional memory. I tried reading/opening the file on my Host's server but could not do so. How can I read the log file???

Any help appreciated.

2. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

OK... so you are trying to read an apache domlog on your windows-based system? Well, the quickest way would be (after extracting it), to rename it to &.txt&, that way you can open it with Notepad or MS Word.

This is after you unrar/unzip it, whatever format you get it to your windows box in. Is this what you meant?
    If you mean reading it on linux/unix, just tail or cat and grep for what you want to see- or use your favorite text editor.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cactus

cactus Registered

Thanks a lot.

I open it in MS Word after extraction in winzip as explained in your post and it works perfectly.

Thanks again

Regards