The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i reset back to default settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kinlungchan, May 22, 2006.

1. kinlungchan

kinlungchan Registered

HI peeps!

A friend of mine has been helping me out making a website but after lots of disagreements he has left. I'm a novice when it comes to web design and overwhelmed by the cpanel features but i'm reading and learning slowly and surely.

the question is how dow i know which files and folders i'm allowed to delete and is there a way of resetting my space back to its default folders and settings. I want to pull done delete format all the work he has done so i can start afresh but i don't even know which files i can delete hehe.

any hints or direction would be much welcomed thanks :D

2. GnomeyNewt

GnomeyNewt Active Member

You can recreate the account, thats probally the best way to start fresh, espeically if you don't care about the current files that are already there.

But bascially anything in the public_html folder can probally go.

3. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

Yes, if you do not need any of your files and folders currently on the server, you can ask your host to re-create the account for you. Recreating the account will reset your space back to its default folders and settings.