The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I transfer a reseller's account?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prism329, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Prism329

Prism329 Member

Dec 5, 2003
    I've recently acquired two other web hosting companies and am in the process of transferring everyone's accounts over to my server.

The problem is that I have a few resellers on Server A that I need to get onto Server B.

I am doing each account individually to ensure that no files/data is lost.

Can someone please provide me with a step by step guide to transfer reseller accounts (and all the accounts under them) and keep everything intact except for DNS changes?
  2. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2003
    Lewisville, Tx
    I have found the best way at this time to transfer resellers is to copy the master account and packages over first. Get it all setup as it was on the first server which means you will have to edit the DNS entries for this domain again. For some reason Cpanel feels it necessary to change them. Once you have the master domain over you can begin transferring the child domains, again I think it is best to do it one by one and verify the dns, subdomains, add-on domains and parked domains on each.