The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I upload private software into Cpanel Whm? and then make it go live?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alej, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Alej

Alej Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi, How can I upload a software/website that I bought into my Cpanel WHM Accelerated 2? and then publish it?

I'm not familiar with this Cpanel or others. I've been looking at videos on the internet, but they seem to show other Cpanels and I've seen that people can either use fantastico or upload their information to a public folder....I don't see any of these things on my cPanel WHM Accelerated 2 . How can I upload the software which is supposed to be my website and then make it go live?

Thank-you for your help. :eek:

2. bbrink68

bbrink68 Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Re: How do I upload private software into Cpanel Whm? and then make it go l

Hello,

What software are you talking about? If it is website files you will need to create a cPanel user in WHM first then you can FTP into that users account and drop the files in the public_html/ folder. Or you could login to the cPanel account and user the built in "File Manager" option

Let me know if this is not what you were talking about..

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:

This is a very basic question that your Hosting Provider should be able to assist you with. I suggest you start there.

4. Alej

Alej Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner

Thanks you were Great! Well I didn't know that WHM and Cpanel were different things until I saw a video online. I was able to set up an account in WHM and then through another link that my host had given me created the cPanel. As per making the site go live I think I wanted to preview it first, but wow I don't see that option in cPanel which makes me think that I have to make it go live first and edit my site once I'm inside the software.

Thanks again I would have never put the puzzle together if it wasn't for you.