The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do we remove the announcements from cPanel? After we have ..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WORLD, Aug 26, 2005.

1. WORLD

WORLD Member

How do we remove these announcements from cPanel? After we have made the upgrades they suggest?

Security
    At this time, it is recommended that all customers using proftpd Switch to pure-ftpd as soon as possible to eliminate a potential security hole. Please note that all released versions of proftpd are believed to be affected and the exact problem is not yet known. Customers who experience problems switching are welcomed to bypass the normal support procedure and submit a ticket directly at http://support.cpanel.net
    Severity:

Important Notice: Incompatible versions of /scripts and /usr/local/cpanel
    All servers running Release, Current, or Edge should ensure that their cPanel installation is up to date. /scripts from the 10.6 series are not compatible with older builds. Running /scripts/upcp will bring your cpanel installation into sync with your /scripts. This issue is addressed in the current builds, but until cPanel is updated you will not be able to remove zones from DNS if you have updated your /scripts.
    Severity

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You cannot remove the annoucements as they're not on your server but retrieved from cPanel directly. You'll have to wait until cPanel remove them from their servers when they believe the issue has passed.

3. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

They are pretty irritating when the problem is two months old and fixed. If a new one appears I may not even notice since I'm used to ignoring the top half of the screen at this point. I guess I'll see if a way to turn them off has already been officially requested :(