The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do we stop internal e-mail capture?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by cruz, Nov 14, 2003.

1. cruz

cruz Registered

Nov 11, 2003
    Dear admin and advanced users of Cpanel,

I am a reseller of a hosting company. Assume that my name is is then setup on each Cpanel servers to administer my members. The name server of is pointing to only one server, let's say name server of Server 2.

The problem I am experiencing is that all e-mails sending from Server 1, 3, 4....etc do not reach the correct destination.

Let's say if I write to from one e-mail account on Server 1, theoretically it should reach my e-mail box on Server 2. But, the e-mail is actually captured by the "default username e-mail address" of on Server1! (e-mail address john does not even exist on Server1)

I modified the MX record to the invalid one and the default username is still capturing e-mails. We tried removing from all Cpanel servers except for Server 2, but Server2's still do not receive the e-mails correctly.

I even moved my to a different server that is not Cpanel based but still am unable to receive e-mails sent from Capanel server supported e-mails.

I really need the help of experts here since my hosting provider is unable to solve this issue. I've reported this problem since August.

Thank you!