The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Add Domains with a Hyphen?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Larrys, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Larrys

Larrys Registered

Hi

Have treid looking for this answer in "Search" and cannot find a answer.

I am try to add a domain in Addon Domain with a hyphen in it and says, I cannot add a domain with hyphens. How do you do this then?

Also a different question. When I try to add the same domain name, but with different .TLD it will not allow the second domain to be added either. How are you supposed to do this?
    example cpanel.com and cpanel.net

Help appreciated

Larry

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sounds like perhaps a Cpanel bug. If you are the administrator of your server, you should open a ticket with your cpanel provider. If you purchased from Cpanel direct, you should open a ticket with Cpanel.

If you are a user and not the administrator of the server, you should open a ticket with your provider.

If indeed you are experiencing problems with adding a domain with a hyphen in it, I'm sure the Cpanel folks would like to know . However, these forums aren't official support forums and you'd get a quicker solution if you opened a ticket with the appropriate party(s).

Mike

3. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What is your full cPanel version number? I was able to successfully add the following test domain as an addon:

with-hyphen.test

Using 11.24.4-CURRENT_34437

#3 cPanelKenneth, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009