The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you clean the ".Trash" folders?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sehh, Mar 28, 2011.

1. sehh

sehh Well-Known Member

My users complain that every no and then, their hosting space is filled and upon further investigation the problem is always the ".Trash" folders in Roundcube. They keep deleting their emails, which means their emails are moved to those folders, but they are never really deleted.

Is there some cPanel command that I can execute, which cleans all the .Trash folders in the server?

Thank you.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If your machine is using Courier for webmail, you can set it to auto delete items in the .Trash folder that are 7 days old in /usr/lib/courier-imap/etc/imapd location with this setting:

Code:
    IMAP_EMPTYTRASH=Trash:7
    This should auto delete emails in .Trash that are 7 days old. If you are using Dovecot, such an option does not exist currently. You can see a prior discussion on how to resolve the issue via this forum thread:

http://forums.cpanel.net/f145/case-11678-dovecot-trash-mail-97661.html

3. sehh

sehh Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I'm using Dovecot. Thank you for the reply, I'll check the thread you mention above.