The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you configure AWstats Miscellanous feature?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by leftofcentre, Aug 18, 2003.

1. leftofcentre

leftofcentre Member

hi folks i have awstats running fine, but i would like to get the Miscellanous stats feature working. You know the one where it gives you screen size, Browsers with Flash Support etc

I read the awstats manual and it says this:

To enable all this features, you must add the following HTML code at the end of your index page (before </BODY>) :
    <script language=javascript src="/js/awstats_misc_tracker.js">
    If code is not added in index page, all this detection capabilities will be disabled. You must also check that ShowScreenSizeStats and ShowMiscStats parameters are set to 1 to make results appear in report page.

I found a awstats.conf file the tmp/awstats directory of one of my sites but it had no option for ShowScreenSizeStats or ShowMiscStats :(

Also do i only need to put <script language=javascript src="/js/awstats_misc_tracker.js"> on the homepage or do i have to add more to the code?

Any idea how i get the Miscellanous working?

Thanks in advance.

Brian

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. WhiteCollar

WhiteCollar Member

Dear leftofcentre,

This stats feature is located globally on the server (i.e. not specific to your site). Therefore, AWstats has global settings which can not be changed individually. This might be the case here. So the global configurations has to be changed to get the Miscellanous working.

Regards,

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: