The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you do Domain Forwarding?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cathode, Mar 19, 2004.

1. cathode

cathode Registered

I'm somewhat of a newbie and want to do a simple domain forewarding.

In the past, I assumed "domain parking" was the same thing, because I was able to park a domain on top of another and have it work. Example: with domain x-y-z.com parked on top of xyz.com, typing x-y-z.com in the browser takes the user to xyz.com.

However, I recently have a client who bought multiple domains with the intention of forwarding them all to his main domain.

I tried "parking" more domains on top of xyz.com, but none of them really worked: I got the right webpage, but strangely, none of the images were viewabe. (permission problem?)

I've been back and forth on this with my host, with no results. I don't think he knows how to make this work. I'm not sure "parking" is the answer.

This is standard shared hosting.

Thanks a ton for your help!

2. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

Check to see if you have some sort of hotlinking prevention enabled via cpanel (or directly by looking at the .htaccess file). You will need to allow the other domains access to the images.

3. cathode

cathode Registered

That one suggestion is so simple, it just might work!
    You've been very helpful! Thanks!