The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you install cPanel/WHM on VPS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chrislange93, Feb 24, 2009.

1. chrislange93

chrislange93 Registered

I have a Linux, Cont OS 5 VPS an I have ROOT access via SSH (Putty) how do I install the cpanel script please could someone help me :confused:

2. Zishan

Zishan Well-Known Member

Installation method for cPanel on dedicated server or VPS is same. The installer detects that whether its dedicated server or VPS and then installs the specific cPanel version. Here is how you can install cPanel:

3. HostGD

HostGD Registered

Hello,

Im trying to install cPanel on a VPS server i have bought but when i do the install it puts public_html & public_ftp in root /dir/ and i cannot access cpanel or WHM via the browser is this normal ? im a first time user so be light with me :)

thanks Rick

4. Zishan

Zishan Well-Known Member

If you can't access cPanel/WHM then first thing to check would be that cPanel service is running on the server. I assume that you know how to check it from command line. You will need to login to server as a root user using SSH. Putty can be used for connecting to SSH. Once you verify that the cPanel service is running (Look the status of cpsrvd in the output of service cpanel status command) then you should make sure that there is no firewall blocking cPanel/WHM ports. If you have not installed manually then there will be the default iptables firewall that you can flush/stop (iptables -F or service iptables stop)to check cPanel/WHM access.