The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Name The Pages To Work Properly? [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by //Genetic, Jun 1, 2005.

1. //Genetic

//Genetic Registered

How Do You Name The Pages To Work Properly?

Ive Constantly Tried To Made An "Index" for my site in www folder, public_ftp, public_html and when i make them, i change color of bg, and make a testing logo, yet it still gives me "under construction" for my domain, any help would be appreciated greatly, thank you for your time

2. nickb

nickb Well-Known Member

Do you have .htaccess in your public_html...with DirectoryIndex option set.....if not then place it in this folder with the entry...DirectoryIndex index.html........and upload your index.html page in public_html.

3. bijo

bijo Well-Known Member

Hello,

Is there any index.html or index.php file in your public_html folder?. If yes, delete it and rename your file to index.html. It will solve your problem. Also WWW folder and public_html folder are same. www folder is the soft link of the directory "public_html"

4. //Genetic

//Genetic Registered

Thanks For Your Help, I Will Do Try This Tommorrow, Cuz Its 4:00 A.M. Here, And I Have To Be Up In 3 Hours For School, Thanks!