Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How do you specify --rsync-path for cPanel Rsync Backups

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by biovolt, Jul 17, 2018.

1. biovolt

biovolt Member

Hi
    I need to specify the --rsync-path using CPanel backup ? The backup destination's rysnc is not in the usual location and as a result it fails.

Is there a way to do this?

I run CPanel v72.0.10 on CENTOS 7.5

As soon as I manually specify the --rsync-path path it works when running a rsync manually

e.g.
    Code:
    rsync -avz -e "ssh"  --rsync-path /bin/rsync  --progress /backup/* username@server.com:/path/bbbb/
    But it fail the validation with the same message I get when I don't specify the path

Code:
    Permission denied, please try again.
    rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
    rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(226) [sender=3.1.2]

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. biovolt

biovolt Member

Hi
    Sorry I think you misunderstood my question.

I added a additional destination of type Rsync but I need to pass the parameter "--rsync-path /bin/rsync" to the rsync command and need to know how to do that. It fail without it.

There is no option to pas the parameter look at my example above to see how to manually run the rsync with the parameter

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @biovolt

You're correct I did misunderstand your question. There's not going to be a way to specify this, the rysnc "type" of backup transport isn't modifiable. I am curious if a symlink to the proper location on the destination server would work though, you might give it a shot as it's the only viable option I can see to workaround the issue.

Please let us know if that works for you!

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...