Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How does cPanel detect a VPS environment?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deep Blue, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Deep Blue

Deep Blue Registered

Hi Guys

I've installed cPanel on a VM running Centos 5.x, on an ESXi 4.1 host, everything is running smoothly but I notice I'm running the accelerated version rather than the VPS version.

Does the cP installer rely on the presence of vmware tools in order to detect a virtual environment? Is there any way I can rectify this without a complete reinstall?

I have another cPanel instance on another ESXi host, running a Centos guest with vmware tools on it, and this is working as planned (Running VPS Optimised!)

Any ideas? :)

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you open up a ticket with complete details for us to check into this further? A ticket can be submitted using WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or via the link in my signature. Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...