The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How i can close commad ls and cat and .. ?

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by robocap, Jan 19, 2007.

1. robocap

robocap Well-Known Member

Hello,
    i have dedicated server and install csf and lfd and modsecure

will time i upload one shell c99 on server and run them,and in part :: Command execute :: and enter cat /var/cpanel/accounting.log, i can see all user and all site in my server

and if i enter command ls /home/[user]/public_html i can enter to any user that want

Do you have away ?
    i close them,until hacker can`t see all site and see all files server

Thanks

2. dafut

dafut Well-Known Member

Are you talking about using root access to the server in SSH (Secure Shell)? Or looking at CSF/LFD logs in WHM?

To see logs at these points, you need root access. Use strong passwords. Use keys in SSH instead of passwords.

If a hacker gets root access, he can do anything. Anything.

If you're logging in with some other user and can see those logs, you need to check your security, permissions and other settings. My "wheel group" user can list the files in /var/log, but cannot see any of the "important" ones, unless I sudo to root.

/var/cpanel/ is even more restrictive, at least on my server. Must be root to even see it.

If you take the root user's ability to use functions, like ls, cat, echo, etc, be warned: you'll probably screw up your installation--especially the ability for scripts to run.

3. robocap

robocap Well-Known Member

Hello Dafut
    Thank of you
    but idon`t underestand

If the problem have one away with edit or command please give me help

learn

Thanks