The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how I can re-install phpbb script

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by muhammad_ijaz, Oct 26, 2009.

1. muhammad_ijaz

muhammad_ijaz Registered

I have a new forum at stars-world.net with the service of cpanel. my ISP installed phpbb script on it. In admin control panel, there was an error. I made a sub-domain and installed phpbb script on it on trial basis through site softwares in cpanel. The experience was successful. There was no error that I found on the real domain. So I tried to install phpbb script through site softwares in cpanel. But the message appeared that there is already installed a public_html for this addon . I deleted my subdomain. But I could not install phpbb script. Every time I found the message that there is already installed a public_html for this addon . please tell me how I can re-install phpbb script through site softwares in cpanel ?
    2. during this practice memory of my web disk reached to 68 mb. Please tell me how should I bring it to minimum level ? should I delete old files to bring memory back ?

please help me because customer service of my ISP is very poor. thanks

#1 muhammad_ijaz, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
  2. muhammad_ijaz

muhammad_ijaz Registered

tech team is requested to reply please.

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    How did they install it for you, was it thru Fantastico?

What error and if you're getting an error, why did you continue on with:
    At this point you have 2 phpbb forums and some error you don't describe properly for someone to help with.

So you tried to install a 3rd forum with 2 others still in play?

You certainly did not need to remove a sub domain just to remove the forum you installed on it.

Your ISP appears to be ThePlanet. The IP for your site does not appear to be licenced with cPanel.

If I was to guess and say you've got Fantastico installed I'd probably be wrong, but, look on your cPanel for a Fantastico icon, if you have one click it and find the section where you installed one of these phpbbs to begin with.

Now click remove, if you see it listed there. If this is possible, that will free up the account space for you.

If you can't do it that way, but do have Fantastico, check the directory here:

/home/yourname/.fantasticodata

Is there a folder in there called phpbb? If yes, inside is a file that tells the system where the phpbb forum is located on your account. If you installed a forum and then removed it incorrectly, (deleting a subdomain with a forum on it, for example) then you'd need to remove this particular file so the system doesn't think it's still there.

I'm not sure if any of that is helpful. ThePlanet I would think, is ready willing and able to assist you with this sort of thing. Sounds to me like you may be under a reseller not sure of what they're doing.

If that's the case, time to find a new host.

Good luck to you.

4. muhammad_ijaz

muhammad_ijaz Registered

respected Infopro
    thanks my problem has solved under your kind guidance.
    thanks a lot

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Happy to help. :p