Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How is a specific command restricted under the Jail environment?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PondRicefied, Jan 28, 2005.

1. PondRicefied

PondRicefied Well-Known Member

I think that I want to provide a user with Jail shell.
    However, I want to change it so that a user cannot run about a part of commands.

How should I set up?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Well, the jailshell uses the per user directories under the /home/virtfs file system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PondRicefied

Is deleting an unnecessary command file OK in the command put below on /home/virtfs/username?

Are they the only copied files? Probably, it will be awful to delete, if they are Hard Link files.

I will be glad if there is the method of setting to a Jailshell user's creation time so that an unnecessary command etc. may not be created by the script file which is creating the file below in a virtfs directory.

Any idea?

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I haven't played around with virtfs myself. Hopefully someone will pop by who has.

5. PondRicefied

Please give me advice if you please.
    I want to allow a user jailshell.
    However, I want to deny for specific commands (top, netstat, etc.) to be used by the user.
    How should I set up in order to make it not include those specific commands in /home/virtfs/username? :confused: