The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How is disk space freed up from horde mail?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by CSantana, Mar 2, 2013.

1. CSantana

CSantana Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi, Horde is a mystery with its disk space consumption...or is it something else?

The 'disk space usage' panel shows 45.74 mg being used by mail; when i click on 'mail' on the 'disk space usage' panel, the the in, out, send, trash boxes for all mail id's have far less than the amount of disk space usage noted on the above mentioned panel.

Where else do I look for something that is consuming this much disk space and how is this consumed space 'managed'? I am getting charged for disk space, and I need to get this resolved. I am sure this isnt the 1st time this ? has been asked; thanks in advance for your response.

2. Greenhost

Greenhost Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    My be it relay to mail backup? ask from your host provider about admin backup and tell them your problem.

3. CSantana

CSantana Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    horde mail disk space keeps growing despite deleting all folders; why?

Hi, Horde is a mystery with its disk space consumption...or is it something else?

The 'disk space usage' panel shows 45.74 mg being used by mail; when i click on 'mail' on the 'disk space usage' panel, the the in, out, send, trash boxes for all mail id's have far less than the amount of disk space usage noted on the above mentioned panel.

Where else do I look for something that is consuming this much disk space and how is this consumed space 'managed'? I am getting charged for disk space, and I need to get this resolved. I am sure this isnt the 1st time this ? has been asked; thanks in advance for your response.

4. CSantana

CSantana Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi, they say 'no'; anyother thoughts? Please provide documentation to support proposed solutions.

5. CSantana

CSantana Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    hi, this issue was solved by properly setting up outlook 2010; when done right and mail is deleted from outlook it in turn deletes it from the server side horde files. I got ms support involved (3-hrs and 3-diff people before it was figured out).