How many addresses can Outlook Hold in the CC/BCC fields?

albatroz

Mar 6, 2003
Virtual Orbis / Peru
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,
One of my customers seems to be having a problem sending emails with Outlook to several addresses
and is receiving the error message that you can see in the attached picture

Has anybody faced a similar problem?

BTW After Googling for a while I found this article. Do you think its content is valid?

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
I feel like the Outlook question should be asked to Microsoft but there are limits on the number of BCC/CC recipients an email can have before it is not accepted by a server on most servers. cPanel provides the ability to manage this but sets this as unlimited by default in WHM>>Service Configuration>>Exim Configuration Manager:

Maximum message recipients (soft limit) (Minimum: 1; Maximum: 100) [?]
Reject any recipient addresses after this number have been specified for a single message. NOTE: The RFCs specify that SMTP servers should accept at least 100 RCPT commands for a single message.
Maximum message recipients before disconnect (hard limit) (Minimum: 1; Maximum: 100) [?]
Disconnect and ratelimit any connection that specifies more than this number of recipients for a single message. NOTE: The RFCs specify that SMTP servers should accept at least 100 RCPT commands for a single message.