The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how often are quotas cached?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doeskin, Dec 12, 2005.

1. doeskin

doeskin Registered

hi all,

i'm running a vps with cPanel 10.8.0-R65. the OS is CentOS 3.6 i686. Its on a server running virtuozzo. I would love to know how often i should expect to wait for the disk usage to show an accurate figure. sure i can run the fixquotas script, and delete the cpanel cache info in /home/user/.cpanel*, but i dont want to have to do this every few hours so that i can get an accurate display of this. i dont think i have the option to disable the disk quota caching as the performace hit on the vps is a little too much. i have now waited 2 hours for it to update, but nothing yet. i have heard talk of 15minutes, but mine is certainly taking longer than that....

any information would be greatly appreciated...

cheers,

ben

2. Izzee

Izzee Well-Known Member

On a VPS there are some anomalies that only your VPS provider can fix.
    Having said that the Virtuozzo numbers in your VZCP are always accurate for your VZID#.

I have had a test VPS running now for over 12 months and have never seen the same numbers provided by cPanel/WHM as I get from the Virtuozzo Control Panel. Some times there is a huge difference. This as I said is not so much a cPanel/WHM issue but a VPS issue.

If you are noticing differences in cPanel/WHM and they are much higher than in your VZCP then you should raise a support request to you VPS provider who should be able to sort it out for you and the others users on the same VPS (who will be having the same issue).

Therefore as far as Cpanel/WHM and Quotas are concerned I use the VZCP for accuracy every time. The VZCP is one step closer to your VPS.
    :)