The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How start stats during the nigth ONLY ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sirswatch, Apr 20, 2005.

1. sirswatch

sirswatch Member

On one server I have 2 very high traffic sites. Some times during the day the server hangs up due to high cpu use. This is made by backup and stats scripts running in background. I look for a setup which stats and backups work during the nigth only. Any help ?

thanks
    robert

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I'd suggest thyat you install the WHM > Addon Modules > logschedule and cronconfig then refresh your WHM browser and go into the new options on the bottom left menu where you'll be able to configure both.

3. galantina

galantina Member

I had similar problem. I solved it by changing the value of "The load average above the number of cpus at which logs file processing should be suspended (default 0)" and setting it a bit higher in tweak settings.
    After that i changed "Number of days between processing log files and bandwidth usage (default 1, decimal values are ok):" to 0.1. That way your stats runs more often, so it doesn't have to do logs for whole day at once.

My originall problem was that I would get my /usr partition(that is where the logs are kept) full because load was allways above the number of cpus and logs were not being proccessed.
    I solved it by the steps I mentioned above. I allso sugest that if you are using webalizer, you should swich to awstats because in my expirience it requires less CPU usage. (Or you can torn off all stats programs).

Of course you can combine that with what was sed in previous post.

4. panther13

panther13 Registered

galantina:

Are you running Urchin on your server as well? If so, did these settings have any effect on your Urchin stats processing?

Also, what number did you set under The load average above the number of cpus at which logs file processing should be suspended (default 0):

I'm not sure how high to set this number to.

Thanks for your help!
    :)