The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Switch User Account To Another Account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by revivalfire, Jul 23, 2005.

1. revivalfire

revivalfire Registered

Ok, I set up a demo website on a non important domain recently for a redesign project. I want to now transfer the user account on the redesign project (the non-important domain) to an account I created for the new domain. These sites are both on my server. The non-important user account (user1 for www.user1.com) needs to be copied in completion to the newly set up user account (call it user2 for www.user2.com). OK I found a way to import the user account if it was was on another server, but I do not see a way to do it from the same server. I did this once manually in SSH and the permissions and owners & groups had to be edited by hand.

Example: I copied in SSH using this command cp -a /home/user1/* /home/user2/ but when I looked at vdir I saw in the directory of /home/user2/ the group & owner being "user1" on all the files. Then I had to chown everything to the right owners etc.

My question is this... Isn't there is an easier way??? How do I move a hosting account to another hosting account from the same server WHM?? Any ideas? Need an easier way, because I need to redo the first one... :confused: