The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to access phpMyAdmin

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Sataled, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Sataled

Sataled Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello everyone

Please help me I want to access the database without logging into the cpanel, directly from the Domain. It's possible? How do you exactly?

Thank you all for your responses.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You'd need to install a stand alone version of phpMyAdmin on your account and configure it to connect to your databases you want to use it on.
    Installation — phpMyAdmin 4.6.0-dev documentation

If you do this, be sure to password protect the directory you install it into.

3. Sataled

Sataled Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner

Hello

Happy holidays to all...;)
    Many thanks for your answer... but maybe I did not explain well. A friend asked another friend if they can make the Web page, because the Web page as bet design he asked me if I could fix the design. Then I asked the keys to the database,ftp..ecc I have the user and pass but I'm do not know how to get to the database without going over the cpanel ... and now my question, and if you can go directly through the Domain kind www.yourdomian.com/db-example if there is one thing standart. I need a beckup of db Or do it to him?

I'm very sorry for my english. If something is not clear, write it and I'll try to explain better.

Many thanks for your patience and answers..:)

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Indeed.

There isn't. a cPanel user needs to be logged into cPanel to access phpMyAdmin from within his cPanel.

5. ITGabs

ITGabs Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you access the ftp generally the user pass of the ftp is also the cpanel user pass, if they give you another ftp account you can still get the database checking the config.php wp-config.php

this not work all the time notice the back tick ` call the exec function

<?php
    `mysqldump –-user [user name] –-password=[password] [database name] > db-example.sql`;
    ?>

the same effect
    <?php
    exec('mysqldump –-user [user name] –-password=[password] [database name] > db-example.sql');
    ?>

usually exec, system, etc are disabled for security reasons, you can still install phpmyadmin and duplicate the –-user [user name] –-password=[password] [database name] or use a php script to generate the sql if you only need the backup

The inverse command to upload the sql from a file already uploaded by ftp is

<?php
    exec('mysql –-user=[user name] –-password=[password] [database name] < db-example.sql');
    ?>

Anyway take care, try in your local server or test server before to run these command directly into production, always take a backup and check that the charset (latin or utf8) is the same