cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,

Is there a way to add an IP in a 'whitelist' to exclude from
Code:
mail_max_userip_connections
check?

I'm having troubles myself with my email account trying to log in from a dedicated IP.

Thanks in advance!

HostNoc

Feb 20, 2020
Ontario
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello mlopez

There are two possible ways to resolve this mail_max_userip_connections issue. Kindly follow below options

Method 1:

Step 1: Open the WHM server using your login credentials. Go to Server Configuration and so, you have many choices there such as Apache configuration, cPanel log rotation configuration, cPanel web disk configuration, Exim configuration manager and mailserver configuration, etc .

Step 2: Choose a Mailserver configuration to increase the POP3 connection, IP count. By doing this, you can configure both IMAP and POP3 for mail server usage. In Mailserver configuration, you have a choice to enter the value for IP address POP3 connection. You can enter the value till 10.

Step 3: Finally save the entire process by clicking on the button to Save Changes.

Method 2:

You can also try to edit the configuration via CLI.

1) login to the server as the root user via SSH command.

2) Navigate to /etc/dovecot folder.

3) Open dovecot.conf file using your favorite editor.

# vi dovecot.conf

4) Locate “mail_max_userip_connections” on that configuration file and increase the value to 10, the maximum number of POP3 connections allowed for a user from each IP address.

mail_max_userip_connections = 10

5) Now save the file and restart Exim using the below command.

#service exim restart

Regards

mlopez

Dec 17, 2020
Maldonado - Uruguay
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hey HostNoc,

Thank you for your answer but that I've done already. What I want is a way to whitelist an IP from this check, because I don't want to increase this number (already in 50 connections) globally.
I need to avoid checking this only one IP.

Thank you, again.