How to add more HDD to /home folder

sonuyos

Mar 18, 2016
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Ok,

so i have this server which is running my 1 and only site.

It is a dedicated server, and this site is of almost 1.7TB.

I recently migrated from other server.

Now, the home partition is 1.8TB site,

and it is 100% full,

I have another 1.8TB HDD on the same server, how can i add that 1.8tb HDD to /home?

I know this is pretty stupid, but i rarely work on centos, and i have no clue how to work this out..

Here is the structure of the HDDs..

[email protected] [~]# lsblk
NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda 8:0 0 1.8T 0 disk
├─sda1 8:1 0 300M 0 part /boot
├─sda2 8:2 0 1.8T 0 part /
└─sda3 8:3 0 1G 0 part [SWAP]
sdb 8:16 0 1.8T 0 disk

24x7server

Apr 17, 2013
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello :),

I can see you created normal linux partition on your old disk so you can NOT increase it now. You can increase only LVM partition on Linux server.

You have hosted only on site on your server so you can mount your second disk on /home2 directory and link your some folder from /home to your /home2/ directory

SysSachin

Aug 23, 2015
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,

I agree with 24x7server, Also, if on your server /var or /backup directory is big size then you can add another disk and mount that big directory on new disk.

Can you please provide the out put for below command so that I can check and assist you.

Code:
cd /
du -sch *

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

I'd like to note that while you can review user-feedback and tutorials on changing the partition, it's generally a good idea to consult with your data center or a qualified system administrator before making any changes if you are not experienced with partition management. Otherwise, you risk data loss if you make a simple mistake.

Thank you.