The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to add pdo_odbc (unixODBC flavor) to raw opts? Static vs Shared build issue

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by human_web_dev, Oct 8, 2013.

1. human_web_dev

human_web_dev Registered

Oct 8, 2013
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Forum.
    I've been trying to add pdo_odbc to my easy apache rawopts, but have not been able to compile php and apache successfully.
    In my all_php5 file I've tried a few variations on this option:

...none of which work. It consistently fails at at the end of compilation with:

"You've configured extension pdo_odbc to build statically, but it
    depends on extension pdo, which you've configured to build shared.
    You either need to build pdo_odbc shared or build pdo statically for the
    build to be successful."

It seems that the expected syntax of "--with-<extension>=shared|static" doesn't jive with php's recommendation for installing a given flavor of pdo_odbc like "--with-pdo-odbc=unixODBC,dir". How do I reconcile these differences? I've not once specified that I want pdo_odbc to build statically, but the presence of the "=unixODBC" seems to imply this.

More info on my environment:
    php 5.4.20
    apache 2.2
    FreeTDS 0.91
    unixODBC 2.3.1
    hmm.. have I left out any pertinent details?

If anybody has a clue as to how set this option correctly, I'd sure like to know.
    Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
  2. cPanelKeithS

cPanelKeithS Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2008
    I wanted to share the resolution I found in my test environment so that others may find this helpful.

-bash-4.1# yum -y install unixODBC unixODBC-devel

Add the configure flags to the rawopts file for php5. Declaring 'shared' first was necessary.

-bash-4.1# cat /var/cpanel/easy/apache/rawopts/all_php5

# /scripts/easyapache --build

If PDO is not already enabled, you will need to run easyapache without --build and select PDO through the menu.

-bash-4.1# php -i | grep -i odbc
    Configure Command => './configure' '--disable-fileinfo' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-libxml' '--enable-pdo=shared' '--enable-sockets' '--prefix=/usr/local' '--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs' '--with-curl=/opt/curlssl/'
    '--with-imap=/opt/php_with_imap_client/' '--with-imap-ssl=/usr' '--with-kerberos' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2/' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-openssl=/usr' '--with-openssl-dir=/usr'
    '--with-pcre-regex=/opt/pcre' '--with-pdo-mysql=shared' '--with-pdo-odbc=shared,unixODBC,/usr' '--with-pdo-sqlite=shared' '--with-pic' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr'
    PDO drivers => sqlite, mysql, odbc
    PDO Driver for ODBC (unixODBC) => enabled
    ODBC Connection Pooling => Enabled, strict matching

I did have to add the extension directive to the php.ini manually, as well

-bash-4.1# grep pdo_odbc /usr/local/lib/php.ini