How to add something to WHM "Manage Plugins"?

donda

Nov 23, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello.

There's the cPanel -> Manage Plugins section in the WHM control page. Is there a way to add a cPanel plugin to the list on the page? Is it possible to add anything there at all?

Documentation seems to say nothing on the matter.

Thanks in advance.

KostonConsulting

Verifed Vendor
Jun 17, 2010
San Francisco, CA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The only WHM interface to add functionality that I'm aware of is creating a WHM script in /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi:

CreatingWhmPlugins < SoftwareDevelopmentKit < TWiki

I don't see any public code that addresses the 'manage plugins' section and it appears that these interfaces are referenced only from the whm binaries:

Code:
[/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr]# grep -R 'munin' *
Binary file bin/whostmgr2 matches
Binary file bin/whostmgr matches
Binary file bin/xml-api matches
Binary file bin/whostmgr5 matches
[/usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr]# grep -R 'munin' *
[/usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr]#

donda

Nov 23, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The only WHM interface to add functionality that I'm aware of is creating a WHM script in /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi:

CreatingWhmPlugins < SoftwareDevelopmentKit < TWiki

I don't see any public code that addresses the 'manage plugins' section and it appears that these interfaces are referenced only from the whm binaries:
Yes, that's what i've tried to do before asking here. :) WHM plugins show up in their own section in the WHM interface, and grep is of not so much help unfortunately. cPanel plugins that are suggested above, show up in a different way as well. Seems that the "Manage Plugins" section is not for third party developers. That's a pity.

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Yes, that's what i've tried to do before asking here. :) WHM plugins show up in their own section in the WHM interface, and grep is of not so much help unfortunately. cPanel plugins that are suggested above, show up in a different way as well. Seems that the "Manage Plugins" section is not for third party developers. That's a pity.
The Manage Plugins functionality retrieves the list of available plugins from our mirrors. Could you provide an example of what you are attempting to accomplish?

donda

Nov 23, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The Manage Plugins functionality retrieves the list of available plugins from our mirrors. Could you provide an example of what you are attempting to accomplish?
I see. Well, in a nutshell, there's a cPanel plugin that should be turned on/off from the WHM interface, and separately for every cPanel account, if possible. Right now the plugin is implemented so that it appears in a list of themes available to an account. It does the job (at least so far), but it's not very obvious way to manage plugins from the user's point of view.