The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Allow Access To Certain IP Address

Discussion in 'Security' started by pleasuringyou, May 7, 2014.

1. pleasuringyou

pleasuringyou Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

I am trying to have a company add a module to my open cart back office but they need access to my control panel FTP account.

When they load up the log in page to the control panel they are able to enter the username and password but when they submit this info they are not able to log in due to the server not being able to connect to the server and they are getting error messages.

I believe that their IP address is being blocked is there a way i can add their IP to a trusted IP's list on my control panel.

The version i am using is cpanel accelerated 2

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    There is no way for you, as a website owner, to whitelist an IP in your account. If they're getting blocked, there's a reason for that. (copy/pasting login details for one example might go wrong)

Giving the cPanel user account credentials to anyone else to log into your account is a bad idea.

You could for example create a staged setup of your open cart install in a directory, create an addon FTP account and provide those details to the user to get them in. But, if they're not logging in properly, they'll still get blocked. And, you'll still have to copy over anything they do, if they get in as expected, to your live setup.

You might want to investigate doing the work to get it installed yourself. Surely there's details about this on the opencart forums?