How to Allow pingdom IP’s in CSF

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Do you know how to find your way to the ConfigServer Firewall interface on your server from within WebHost Manager? If the answer is yes, scroll down that configuration settings page until you find the area displayed in my image. Select the file highlighted in my image, and click that Edit button, displayed in my image. A file opens, read its contents, edit to taste and click Change. Click Restart LFD. Click Return. Logout of WHM. Go have lunch.

If the answer is no, you should probably hire someone to assist you with managing your server.

HTH!

Nirjonadda

May 8, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have added pingdom IP’s in CSF ignore list but does not help. Some time pingdom show me site are down.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Have you verified that your websites are actually running when Pingdom detects them as down? You can review /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log for the date/times that it's detected as down to see if you notice anything abnormal.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Yes, My site are still running when Pingdom detects them as down. Down time is 1 min then its up.
I suggest consulting further with Pingdom to help determine why they are falsely reporting your website as down if it's actually running well.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I am happy to see the issue is now resolved. Note that if you want to troubleshoot why CSF is blocking Pingdom, then feel free to post to their support forums:

http://forum.configserver.com

Thank you.