The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to allow_url_fopen off global but allow single Override ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by elcangri, Mar 16, 2011.

1. elcangri

elcangri Registered

Hello everyone,

On my old hosting account the technicians helped me with this option after I asked if 1 url could be allowed since they have allow_url_fopen off by default for shared hosting.
    Now I own a vsp and I could set allow_url_fopen on , but for security I would like to leave this off and just enable it for 1 url.
    Can anyone please help me do so ?

Regards

Elcangri

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

If you have already turned off allow_url_fopen server wide, here is the way to turn it ON for a domain.
    SSH to your server and goto /usr/local/apache/conf/ directory, see if you have a "userdata" directory? If no, create the "userdata/std/2/<username>/<domain.tld>/<username.conf>" directories inside the "conf" directory. The complete path should look like the following

/usr/local/apache/conf/userdata/std/2/<username>/<domain.tld>/<username>.conf

Replace username and domain.tld with actual values.

Add the following to the <username>.conf file

Now, edit the apache config file /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf and search the VirtualHost entry of that domain and include the path of the above created file in it. For example,

Save the file and rebuild the apache configuration.

This should enable allow_url_fopen for that domain.