How to back-up Inbox in Workspace e-mails?

HeavensSlave

Registered
Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
We have a couple of Workspace e-mail accounts at GoDaddy that we are looking to scrap but want to back-up the Inbox contents to an external source, like a flash drive. Is there some easy way to do that or will the individual e-mails need to be copied?

Thanks for any assistance

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
We have a couple of Workspace e-mail accounts at GoDaddy that we are looking to scrap but want to back-up the Inbox contents to an external source, like a flash drive. Is there some easy way to do that or will the individual e-mails need to be copied?

Thanks for any assistance
The easiest way to create a backup of all the data on the account, including email is to go to cPanel>>Files>>Backup Wizard. The only other solution that I would recommend would be to backup the /home/$user/mail/ directory as well as /home/$user/etc/

Alternatively, if they're using a mail client it's really easy to create a backup of just that specific email account through most mail clients.

HeavensSlave

Registered
Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The easiest way to create a backup of all the data on the account, including email is to go to cPanel>>Files>>Backup Wizard. The only other solution that I would recommend would be to backup the /home/$user/mail/ directory as well as /home/$user/etc/

Alternatively, if they're using a mail client it's really easy to create a backup of just that specific email account through most mail clients.
Thanks. I'm not sure if Workspace is in the cPanel, however.

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider