The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to backup using ftp and whm?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dory36, Dec 13, 2006.

1. dory36

dory36 Well-Known Member

I am sure someone is using the ftp option for whm backups -- how do you configure it?

I want to backup from server a to my backup disk (mounted as /backup) on server b. Both are cpanel/whm servers.

When setting the backup configuration in whm on server a to ftp, I used "root" and the root password as the user for server b, but get 530 Login authentication failed"

When I set the user to another user, and change the ownership of the backup directory on server b to be that user, I don't get the authorization problem, but when the script tries to create the backup directory, I get the error 550 Can't create directory: No such file or directory, and the backup is placed in the /home/user directory of server b instead of /backup.

Any help?

Thanks - Bill

2. ramprage

ramprage Well-Known Member

3. dory36

dory36 Well-Known Member

Thanks, but it looks like your script copies the local cpanel backups to a remote server -- I am trying to backup to the remote server in the first place, without a local /backup.

Part of the reason -- the server has no place big enough to put /backup except on the partition mounted as /home.