The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to change backup directory for /scripts/convert2maildir

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by murugan, Jan 29, 2006.

1. murugan

murugan Member

Hi,

Whenever i run /scripts/convert2maildir , i am getting the below error
    Backing up username....
    gzip: stdout: No space left on device
    ..Done

and found that "/" is 100% full.

How to change the default backup directory from "/" to "/home/username/backup"

If not possible please advice how to to increase the space of "/"

thanks

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

I think that /scripts/convert2maildir may actually use the same directory that the daily/weekly/monthly backups use. I might be wrong though.

The simple answer would be to delete files that are not needed, but what that may be I can't say!

You could check whether there is anything in /tmp worth deleting. You could also remove laus if it is running (search the forums for how to do this) and delete the logs that it creates (which are often huge). The laus issue will be OS specific - what OS are you running?

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You're not wrong. It does indeed use the location of the backups as configured under WHM > Configure Backups > the last setting on the page.

For the purposes of the conversion only, you can change that value to any directory you wish on a partition with plenty of space. Then run the conversion and do the mailbox backups. Once done, set the backup directory back to whatever you had before and then rerun the conversion and convert away.