The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to change Skin background color

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by hostingtruth, Feb 6, 2005.

1. hostingtruth

hostingtruth Member

Greetings. I have a client who is visually impaired. He has a very difficult time reading anything on a white or very light background. He asked me if I had any cPanel skin that would meet his needs? None of the stock cPanel skins have such a background, and the only 3rd-party one I could find was BlueCrush at the cost of $55, not very practical for one user.

I was wondering if I could possible dupe one of the regulars skins, say x2, and just change it so that the background color of the pages was black and the text white or yellow or something. I am not concerned with it being "pretty" as much as I need it to just be easy to read for him.

Could someone direct me on whether it is possible, and how would I accomplish it?

Thanks in advance,
    Scott Henry
    Hostingtruth.net -- the very best in Christian web hosting

2. RAIS2

RAIS2 Well-Known Member

Yes I am pretty sure there would be no problems with copying the x theme for that purpose. Just rename the copied folder to a different name so the changes wont get overwritten while preforming a cPanel update. Play with the raw HTML until you get the desired output.