The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to change the primary and secondary IP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dulacorte, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Dulacorte

Dulacorte Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello everyone,

I have a Cloud in a data center, and two IPs for DNS (obvious). But since yesterday it is experiencing a problem that can not solve: cPanel blocks alone because accuses my second IP as the first (license holder). The Datacenter support directed that the problem is that the exit route is being made for the second dns, when in fact it should be being made by the first.

A friend told me to erase the second IP route with the following commands:

1) route del -net xxx.xx.xxx.x/21 dev eno33557248 - delete the second route
    2) route del default gw xxx.xx.xxx.x dev eno33557248 - delete the second route of the host
    3) /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt to check the license

He solved, but a day later came the problem.

How do I resolve this? Someone help me? It is a CPanel installed on CentOS 7. Just set the exit route to be taken by the license IP.

Thank you very much!!

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    do it so it will survive on a reboot

I am assuming your IP config is set up via /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and not ipalias

edit the secondary IP alias and remove the default gateway & restart the network

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

We don't typically suggest modifying the network configuration unless you are an experienced system administrator who has made such changes in the past. Making a mistake in the editing process could result in lack of access to your system, and thus we suggest consulting with your data center or a qualified system administrator. One potential solution is to simply change the licensed IP address if you have no plans to remove the additional IP address or use it for other purposes.

Thank you.