How to change the ssl certificate

aespinal

Aug 24, 2005
I am trying to configure the ssl certificate for WHM.
All the domains work just fine with https:// but not the whm.

The server (ns7.example.net) shows the old certificate, no the new one from cPanel.

When I try to configure it, I check -->Calendar, cPanel, WebDisk, Webmail, and WHM Services and select the new cPanel certificate for the domain I use (example.net) but not the ns7.example.net

It does not work.
Please help.

aespinal

Aug 24, 2005
You'd have to access the server using SSH or use the terminal application at WHM>>Server Configuration >>Terminal
This is the result:

The system will check for the certificate for the “cpanel” service.
The system will attempt to verify that the certificate for the “cpanel” service is still valid using OCSP (Online Certificate Status Protocol).
The certificate for the “cpanel” service passed all checks.
The system will check for the certificate for the “dovecot” service.
The system will attempt to verify that the certificate for the “dovecot” service is still valid using OCSP (Online Certificate Status Protocol).
The certificate for the “dovecot” service passed all checks.
The system will check for the certificate for the “exim” service.
The system will attempt to verify that the certificate for the “exim” service is still valid using OCSP (Online Certificate Status Protocol).
The certificate for the “exim” service passed all checks.
The system will check for the certificate for the “ftp” service.
The system will attempt to verify that the certificate for the “ftp” service is still valid using OCSP (Online Certificate Status Protocol).
The certificate for the “ftp” service passed all checks.
[[email protected] ~]#

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hi @aespinal

Is your hostname s107-180-78-177.example.net? That's what your server thinks its hostname is. So if you're trying to provision a certificate for the hostname ns7.example.net, that needs to be the server's hostname. You can change the hostname by going to WHM>>Networking Setup>>Change Hostname

Once the hostname is changed I would try running the script again

aespinal

Aug 24, 2005
I did run the script. It shows all passed, but, the old certificate still shows...

The system will check for the certificate for the “cpanel” service.
The system will attempt to verify that the certificate for the “cpanel” service is still valid using OCSP (Online Certificate Status Protocol).
The certificate for the “cpanel” service passed all checks.
The system will check for the certificate for the “dovecot” service.
The system will attempt to verify that the certificate for the “dovecot” service is still valid using OCSP (Online Certificate Status Protocol).
The certificate for the “dovecot” service passed all checks.
The system will check for the certificate for the “exim” service.
The system will attempt to verify that the certificate for the “exim”service is still valid using OCSP (Online Certificate Status Protocol).
The certificate for the “exim” service passed all checks.
The system will check for the certificate for the “ftp” service.
The system will attempt to verify that the certificate for the “ftp” service is still valid using OCSP (Online Certificate Status Protocol).
The certificate for the “ftp” service passed all checks.
[[email protected] ~]#

aespinal

Aug 24, 2005
Before I start getting help from you, many days ago, I did try to put the certificate.
It asked which certificate install and selected
domain.net
It shows domain.net

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Before I start getting help from you, many days ago, I did try to put the certificate.
It asked which certificate install and selected
domain.net
It shows domain.net
Hi @aespinal

That explains why it thinks it's ok I believe, but that shouldn't be a cert for a domain name it should be the one for your hostname if you click reset certificate there for all the services then ask it to checkallssls once more does it provision the correct certificate?

aespinal

Aug 24, 2005
With that option, it indicates

This action will install a new generated key and self-signed certificate for the “FTP Server” service. (The certificate will cover the domain “ns7.itsaudiovideo.net”.) If you proceed with this reset, obtain another certificate from a valid Certificate Authority to replace the self-signed certificate as soon as possible.

Are you sure that you want to reset the SSL certificate for “FTP Server”? You cannot undo this operation!