The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to check mailman mailing list

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by wp11b, Feb 25, 2009.

1. wp11b

wp11b Active Member

is there any one could tell me how to check mailman mailing list? i want check that member of mailing list not received email for that milist.

2. wp11b

wp11b Active Member

at exim.conf i have configure this:

recipients_max = 50
    recipients_max_reject = true

at mailman smtp-failure i see this log :

[/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/logs]# tail -f smtp-failure
    SMTP session failure: 554, Too many recipients, msgid:

i have read some article that configure recipients_max at exim will not effect to mailman mailing list.

3. wp11b

wp11b Active Member

up...

please help ... this problem

4. hzJayJ

hzJayJ Well-Known Member

"recipients_max_reject option is set true, Exim rejects SMTP messages containing too many recipients by giving 552 errors to the surplus RCPT commands, and a 554 error to the eventual DATA command."

Please see the details below

recipients_max_reject

Type: boolean
    Default: false

If this option is set true, Exim rejects SMTP messages containing too many recipients by giving 552 errors to the surplus RCPT commands, and a 554 error to the eventual DATA command. Otherwise (the default) it gives a 452 error to the surplus RCPT commands and accepts the message on behalf of the initial set of recipients. The remote server should then re-send the message for the remaining recipients at a later time.

recipients_max

Type: integer
    Default: 0

If this is set greater than zero, it specifies the maximum number of recipients for any message. This applies to the original list of recipients supplied with the message. SMTP messages get a 452 response for all recipients over the limit; earlier recipients are delivered as normal. Non-SMTP messages with too many recipients are failed, and no deliveries are done. Note that the RFCs specify that an SMTP server should accept at least 100 RCPT commands in a single message.