The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to clear and reinstall red5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ltchat, Nov 21, 2014.

1. ltchat

ltchat Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello all,

I need red5 on my whm server. I did tried a year ago to install it, but did not worked for some reason. I tried to install again, but i get now so many errors and bugs and "the file already exist" and ec...

My first request is:

1. Can anyone tell me how to delete/uninstall all red5 files, to completely gedrive of the red 5 and all included files to get fresh start? In short, how to completely uninstall red5.

My second request is:

2. How to install red5 to fully work on my server, as all olde threads do not make sense, as lot of links do not work or do not exist and lot of new softwares have been released so old one does not work anymore. Can anyone make new fresh threat to let us know how to install it step by step with fully working links and up to date softwares to download.

Thank you very much

2. 24x7ss

24x7ss Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    >> Can you let me know how you installed red5 on server? You have installed packages using yum, tar ball or subversion ? Uninstallation process is completely different depending upon the installation.

>> To install red5 you need subversion, java - jdk and sdk, apache ant and then red5 packages.

3. ltchat

ltchat Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  5. ltchat

ltchat Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    cPanelMichael thanks for your replay, but thats what i mean, the old threads do not work proper, some links does not work, or there is new wersion of software and old one does not work proper... i have instaled red5 but it does not work for some reson, i tryed to install but i get lot of errors that the fiel olredy exist or this file is to old and ec... so it still does not work and old thread does not work anymore, i need fresh and first of oll, how to get rid of the old installation of red 5. And why WHM can put it on panel to get it easy to install for everyone, by one click?

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There's no native support for Red 5 at this time, so you may want to consult with a qualified system administrator or developer to help you install it manually on your system. You can vote and add your feedback to the existing feature request for this at:

Installing Red5 Media Server | cPanel Feature Requests

Thank you.