Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How to clear INDEX OF/ on my webpage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Love, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Love

Love Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Am new to Cpanel and web design generally

On Saturday 25/2/2017, I edited my site, changed the css and html file names, it is a STATIC WEBPAGE, then refreshed the page and what I saw was INDEX OF on my site. I couldn't return to the old names as I forgot them.
    On Sunday, I emailed the hosting company to
    1.reset my domain to default and delete all files and folders, and if possible too
    2. transfer my domain to another server.

I don't know if they also carried out option 2, but I noticed the files were no more, so I believe the domain was refreshed(option 1). But on uploading the files again with the instruction they sent me by using FTP software Filezilla, I still noticed the INDEX OF/ and that's what is still showing when anybody accesses the site.

Before, I was able to use FTP to access my directory, but now anytime I try to access my files using Filezilla FTP it throws an error thus:
    FAILED TO RETRIEVE DIRECTORY LISTING.

Attached is a pics showing what visitors see on my page

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    It sounds like they moved your account as you requested. You should get back in touch with them about your concerns.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...